Cumin Seeds Exporters India
Cumin is a spice made from the dried seed of a plant from the parsley family known as Cuminum cyminum; the fruit of the plant is called the cumin seed.
Cumin is the dried, white fruit with the greyish-brown colour of a small, slender annual herb. The surface of the fruit has 5 primary ridges. The plant is 15 to 50 cm high. The aromatic seed-like fruit is elongated, ovoid, 3 to 6 mm long, slightly bitter and has a warm flavour. The flowers are white or rose-coloured in small umbels.
Cumin seeds have an aromatic odour and bitter taste. It is used as a condiment, an ingredient in curry powders, seasonings of loaves of bread, cakes and cheese. It is employed in native dishes of Central and South America. In medicine, it is used as a stimulant, carminative, stomachic and astringent. Cumin seed oil is used in perfumery and for flavouring liqueurs and cordials.
Our motto at VORA SPICE MILLS LLP is a commitment to quality, making us one of India’s leading Cumin seeds exporters and processors. We always aim to deliver high-quality products at competitive prices with prompt deliveries. We offer Cumin Seeds with 99% purity quality, 99.5% purity quality sortex clean and 99.9% bold and sortex clean quality. Our Cumin powder has a minimum of 2% volatile oil, and we offer them in various packing options from 100gms to 50kgs. We also provide private labelling services for our clients.
Benefits And Uses
- Cumin seeds have plenty of benefits to improve overall health and fitness.
- It improves digestion, helps with respiratory problems, is good for the skin, and strengthens the immune system.
- It has wonderful antiseptic properties and gives instant relief against acidity.
- Cumin seeds are a wonderful source of iron and manganese.
- Cumin seeds are integral and essential flavours for different cuisines and add unique flavours to various dishes.
- When soaked in water and consumed, it can help treat diarrhoea. It has anti-inflammatory effects and can help lower cholesterol.
- Along with antioxidants which improve the health of your cells, it also has anticancer properties.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects and is also a memory booster. Cumin is also a diuretic to increase urine flow and relieve bloating.
- Cumin is among the most popular spices in Latin American, Middle Eastern, North African, and Indian cuisines.
- Country of Origin – India
- Harvest Period – Winter Crop (Feb/Mar)
- Colour – Light Brownish
- Packaging – 10 KG, 50lbs, 25 KG (55lbs) Multiwall Paper Bags and HDPE bags, 1 MT Tote bags
- Labelling – Private labelling as per buyers’ need
- Shelf Life – 24 Months from Production Date
- GMO Status – GMO-Free
- CONTAINER LOADABILITY – 20′ FCL – 13 MT / 40′ FCL – 26 MT
Cumin Seeds Product Specifications
- Botanical Name: Cuminum cyminum
- HS Code(s):09093129
- Origin: India
- Type: Machine Cleaned / Sortex Cleaned / Extra Bold
- Purity: 99.85% / 99% / 98% (Singapore/ Europe)
- Extraneous Foreign Matter (% by weight): 0.50% Max
- Moisture: 10% Max
- Salmonella:Absent / 25 Gms
- Total Ash: 9.5% Max
- Acid Insoluble Ash: 1.75% Max
- Whole Insects Dead (By Count): 4 Max
- Excreta Mammalian (By mg./lb): 3 mg/lb Max
- Excreta other (By mg./lb): 5 mg/lb Max
- Mould (% by weight): 1% Max
- Insect defiled/ infested (% by weightweight.): 1% Max
- Flavour: Aromatic with a penetrating flavour
Our Cumin Seeds USA Quality are guaranteed to pass US FDA regulations for weed seeds and also comply with ASTA (American Spice Trading Association) standards.
Indian Name Of Spices
- Hindi : Jira, Jeera, Zira or Safaid jeera Or Zeera
- Bengali : Safaid jira or Zeera
- Gujarati : Jiru or Jeeru
- Kannada : Jeeriege
- Kashmiri : Zyur Malayalam : Jeerakam
- Marathi : Jeregire
- Oriya : Jira, Jeera
- Sindhi : Zero
- Sanskrit : Jiraka, Jira
- Tamil : Ziragum or Jeeragam
- Telugu : Jidakara, Jikaka
Foreign Name Of Spices
- Spanish : Comino
- French : Cumin
- German : Romischer Kummel
- Swedish : Spiskummin
- Arabic : Kammun
- Dutch : Komijn
- Italian : Comino
- Portuguese : Cominho
- Russian : Kmin
- Chinese : Machin